This’ll probably end up being a semiregular thing - bits that don’t merit a full post by a long shot, but aren’t really Twitter material either.
- My Windows/email work account has been locked or something along those lines - I think this is related to my password expiring on Sunday, but while I changed my password late Sunday night/early Monday morning, I still can’t login, and while my support case on this has been assigned to someone, they haven’t done bugger all in the 4 hours since they picked it up. Sigh.
- There were good things to the con besides just seeing friends and the zoo - such as the Giffen panel, the Legion of Three Worlds tidbits Johns leaked, Douglas Wolk’s “Against a Canon of Comics” (congratulations on that well-deserved Eisner, Douglas!), and, of course, the Legion issues I snagged. Got copies of LSH v4 #3 (I love the Roxxas cover), LSH v3 #2 (second comic I ever read!), and LSH v2 #294, the finale to the Great Darkness Saga - and I got it signed by both Levitz and Giffen. Nifty!
- Oh, and I saw a preview screening of Tropic Thunder, thanks to david, and it was fantastic. One of the most consistently funny movies I’ve seen in ages.
- Doing research for a post on Geoff Johns now - I’m reading pretty much all of his work that I can find, trying to figure out exactly where he made the leap from “pretty good rehasher of retro characters/concepts/conceits” to “freakin’ brilliant reshaper of comics history into new forms”. I’m about midway through his JSA and Teen Titans now - it’s surprisingly hard to find his Flash run online, which is a pain. I’ll be ordering all the trades eventually anyway, but my desire for instant gratification has been thwarted.
- On the plus side, though, I’m discovering the awesomeness of Peter Snejbjerg. I’ve seen his work before, but I hadn’t actually looked at his figure work quite so carefully before. I’m not a huge fan of his layouts (at least not as of like JSA #32 - he may well have improved since then), but damn, I love his faces and use of shading, especially his eyes.